Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rio Chiriqui Nuevo


Wow! I had another wonderful adventure today when I joined forces with 3 new couple friends and fellow retires Phil and Susan, Joyce and Nick, Tammy and Mitch. We spent several hours floating the Rio Esti and Rio Chiriqui Nuevo near David. It was a lovely trip full of 1 spill (Joyce and Nick got sideways in their inflatable kayak & went for a swim), great weather (overcast with no rain), and green Panama scenery (I love the rainy season). When I opened Google Earth in search of where we had floated, I was surprised to see these pictures of the Rio Chiriqui Nuevo bridge when it failed in 1984. I couldn't find anything else about the catastrophe. I also had to include a picture of the beach house I am buying. Plans are to move in once I return to Panama July 8.







2 comments:

Terry said...

Your new home looks gorgeous! Enjoy!!

Susan Lawson said...

Elaine,

We really enjoyed ourselves too. In fact we're going back next week but you'll already be gone. We'll be anxious to see the inside of your new house when you get home.

Susan & Phil