Saturday, May 3, 2008

Excuse Me While I Pinch Myself



Yeah! I do look pretty happy, don't I? I took this self portrait during my 6:00 a.m. walk this morning. The tide was low, hence the lack of huge breakers. Right now (3:00 p.m. Panama time) the tide is high and the waves look to be around 8 feet tall. Today as I was making lunch (a huge salad with organic greens, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peas, broad green beans and walnuts topped with homemade dressing), I looked out my window and noticed 3 surfers. What a treat to stand in my kitchen and watch surfers! This is better than I imagined retirement could be. I've always wanted to live by the beach, but figured I could NEVER afford it. Last night I had dinner with the developer (Bruce) and two of his top sales force (Walker & Ron). Their group has been very successful developing Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, and they are hitting the ground running here at Playa La Barqueta. I thoroughly enjoy the solitude of the place now but realize it won't last. They will break ground for the golf course early next year and start selling lots along the golf course very soon. Playa La Barqueta will have the only ocean-front golf course in western (if not all of) Panama. Come visit before it's too late!

No comments: